Hi Scrappy Friends!!
Today on my blog i show you how to create this simple Birthday Card which looks like you have put a lot of work and effort into it.
Full video tutorial is at the end of this post
- First i have cut a piece of cardstock to 5x7 inches
- Then i have taken a background stamp, Versamark embossing ink and clear embossing powder and heat embossed the design on my background
- Next i have taken a piece of vellum, Versamark embossing ink and detail black embossing powder and heat embossed my greeting onto the card
- After embossing was complete, i have taken 3 Distress inks in different shades of blue/ green and blended then onto background piece i created earlier using blender tool - you can now see the design popping through as the clear embossing acts like resist on the background
- Now we are ready to cut out our window in the card - i have used my Cuttlebug and a flower die to cut out the centre piece (the left over piece i will use on another project - nothing is wasted!)
- Finally adhering vellum to the back of the card so that you can see the greeting in the centre and doing some faux stitching with black marker around the centre window.
- Trimming the edges slightly so that i can add a black border around the card
- Adding some foam adhesive to the back of my card and attaching it onto the black cardstock (in the video i have started with white card stock, however ended up changing in and adding black border afterwords!). Then adhering the whole thing onto a white card base which measures 7 inches x 10 inches and scored in half at 5 inch mark to create a fold.
- Adding some splatters with Shimmerz inks and White Butterflies punch out of white cardstock and voila! your card is done - nice and simple!
List of ingredients below.
List of Ingredients:
Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Pine Needles and Evergreen Bough
Shimmerz inks in Sapphire (Spritz) and Grape Escape (Vibez)
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch (3in1)
Kaisercraft background stamp Flutter
Crafty Secrets - Fairy Land stamp set (for the greeting)